Re: Signal Drop

geojohnt@...

All,

TP 1 SNR still 'low' down here and I've just had a go at realignment of my 1 m dish.
No improvement.

The level is 'stepping around' all the time, apart from being lower.
16:05 this afternoon the SNR stepped from 14.1 dB to 13.6 dB and back up to 13.8 and then up and down 13.9, 13.7, 13.4, up and down.

Does anyone know if the V channel on the same downlink frequency is fired up?

If it isn't them perhaps the neighbours fir tree has expanded but I won't know that till co-linearity comes round again.

At times my SNR is 1 dB down from its usual maximum level under clear skies.
And I haven't achived that high level for several weeks now.

In a message dated 14/06/2018 10:56:21 GMT Standard Time, geojohnt@... writes:

Ian, Douglas and All,

I have been experiencing lower signal levels on TP 1 for 'several' weeks now in the mornings.
We've had a lot of hot humid weather down here and the LNB is getting a daily baking.
But the signal never reaches previous levels when things cool down.

I did try a quick re-alignment the other day but couldn't better the SNR.

????

Regards,
John