Re: Signal Drop

Douglas Deans

On 13/06/2018 10:38, Ian Deans via Groups.Io wrote:
I have noticed a marked drop in the TP1 signal over the last 48 hours or so. The TP2 signal appears nominal and on occasions can actually be marginally higher than the TP1 signal.
Weather in Scotland is about to take a turn for the worse so will for a time be difficult to monitor.

I can confirm a similar situation here with TP1. As with David I always see a large difference with TP2 which is rarely less than 1.0dB lower than TP1.
I have spent a lot of time adjusting my 1.0 metre dish (ground level) including skew etc., etc. but cannot improve my TP2 signal.

Typically TP1 is about 12.8-13.2 in good weather (but not at present) and only once seen TP2 above 12.0 since the transponder first started.