Re: NPP Image Data

Alan Sewards

Hi folks,

    I had the same errors in installing 3.1.8 and 3.1.10 MSGDM. Happily, the install proceeded and seemed to work correctly if I clicked IGNORE when the error message appeared. I have seen this happen before but not for a long time and I don't remember what I did at that time (I think I may have deleted the existing files). I still have the older version of Win10 (1709)

Best regards - Alan S+

On 07-May-18 10:34 PM, Christian Peters via Groups.Io wrote:
Same error here while trying to install MSG Data Manager Update.......?

Regards,

Christian

Am 07.05.18 um 22:29 schrieb James Brown:
On 05/05/2018 11:47, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
Folks,

The MSG Data Manager has been updated to handle the new NPP file names:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/software/msg_dm.htm#bundle

A strange thing on the processing machine (which is running a rather older version of Windows10 that hasn't been updated for at least a year in case that is relevant)  - I get a number of error messages when trying to install the new update - which is as others will doubtless know a new suite of files, rather than just an exe.

The errors occur whether I run it under administrative privileges or not.

Errors like:

Error ocurred whilst trying to replace the existing file LLHjpeg.dll

Access is denied Code 5

Same for the WaveletDLL.dll

Also Windows system32 ipIPX.dll delete file failed.

However, the new .exe program seems to run fine with the existing dll's (including the new NOAA20 npp files), so thank you! I'm not concerned, just can't quite work it out as I haven't seen that before.

Cheers

James

--
Alan Sewards