Re: NPP Image Data

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Ian,

The files are still in the same format but not bzip2 compressed.
I compressed one of the files with bzip2 and it was readable by EUMETCastView.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 05:56 am, Ian Deans wrote:
There has been a change today in the format of the NPP Image Data received in channel NPP-2, which I am told by Douglas is now the same format as the presently testing NOAA 20 data.

This change has not been reported in the Weekly Operations Schedule, so I would suspect that many are not aware of it.

As a result Data Manager is no longer processing this data to the NPP folder and those using David's program will find NPP image data ( SVMC and SVDNBC ) building up in the received folder.

I would also advise that EUMETCastView is unable to process the new format NPP image data.