Re: EUMETCastView on GNU/Linux

Ernst Lobsiger

Hugo,

Many thanks. I noticed you added -no-pie and I get clickable apps now.
You may want to add "Meteosat-11" to the "About" (that's all I found :-).

I am making my first real steps in git now. "Pro Git" has 508 pages...
I already noticed that git preserves the +x bits I am talking about
in my HOWTO. So if you strictly commit/upload from the GNU/Linux
side this should not happen. But once these +x bits are set (most
probably when uploading from an ntfs volume on Windows, or simply
when uploading files that traversed somehow a Windows volume?)
they will stay on github.com unless you change that and commit it
again in GNU/Linux. That's at least my understanding so far ...