An: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Von: "'David J Taylor' gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Datum: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 08:48:30 -0000
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] How to disable automatic updates in Windows
10?
Antwort an: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>

Getting the PC to automatically enter your password (and having all
the
tasks you need scheduled to restart automatically) is perhaps the
simplest
way, and the one which offers maximum security.

It really depends what you are trying to achieve. I see there are
already
two suggestions for delaying the reboot. You can reschedule the
reboot for
~20 days ahead by:

https://lifehacker.com/prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-restart
ing-your-p-1723647582

However, you may also be able to stop, or at least substantially
delay, the
updates from being applied by moving onto the Business branch.
There's some
information here:

https://www.petri.com/windows-10-tip-configure-windows-update-for-bu
siness-using-group-policy

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatic
ally-windows-10

"Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Branch" sound useful, but needs the
Enterprise edition of Windows. You may need to reverse the change
when you
want to check for updates. Setting a connection to "metered" may
prevent
updates (not sure about security ones, though).

As ever, consider the implications of delaying any security updates
very
carefully.

Posted by: "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk>

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

Yahoo Groups Links