Re: annoying Win 10 auto update and reboot

Christian Peters

Thorsten,

Hm....seems to be a quite common hack!?
As I didn't change the rights it maybe wouldn't last much time...?
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-permanently-stop-windows-10-reboots-after-installing-updates/

Regards,

Christian

Am 20.01.2017 um 12:55 schrieb thorsten.miglus@... [MSG-1] <MSG-1@...>:

...I now disabled at system scheduler->UpdateOrchestrator the Reboot
service.
I hope win10 will update and download updates but I have to reboot
manually now from time to time if it fits...! ;-)

Let's see whether it works...

Regards,

Christian

Christian,

I would not disable any service within UpdateOrchestrator. The UpdateOrchestrator performs the update process itself and has nothing to do with automated reboot. The PC may hang up during update process when you disable the Reboot service. Even when performing a manual forced update.

Cheers,
Thorsten