Re: New version EUMETCastView 1.1.8

Christian Peters

Hugo,

just an overlap of posting!

New version works perfect! :-)

Thank you very much! :-)

So I have to keep the .tar files additional to be able to process
interesting passes with your program!

Thank you very much! :-)

Best Regards,

Christian

Am 16.12.16 um 15:13 schrieb hvanruys@... [MSG-1]:

Hi Christian,

ECV needs indeed the .tar files to let you select the granules you
want. The program is written for processing files coming from Eumetcast.

I uploaded a new zip file (still version 1.1.8) at 14.00 UTC to github.
This version is changed to OpenGL 4.0. ECV was written for OpenGL 4.3,
but I don't use any features of 4.3, so it was possible. Can you try
this version ?

Kind regards,
Hugo

---In MSG-1@..., <hctpeters@...> wrote :

Hugo,

I had a look into the settings of OLCI.
I think the problem is ECV needs the .tar files even if there are
additional the untarred version!? But inside my directory ECV pointed to
there are only the untared folders and no tar files!? Do ECV need the
tar files to discover the segments?

It' an J1900 with 16MB Ram and onboard Intel HD graphics.I checked with
OpenGL Extension viewer and it shows:

OpenGl 4.0 installed

As windows didn't say much useful information why it stalled it's not
easy to figure out whats going wrong!? :-D

Regards,

Christian

Am 16.12.16 um 11:49 schrieb hvanruys@... mailto:hvanruys@... [MSG-1]:

Hi Christian,

Glad to hear that you find my software useful !

ECV (i'm going to use this abbreviation in the future !) checks,
before the untar process, if the directory with the S3A data, already
exist. If so, the program will use the already untared files. However,
these untared directories are written in the program directory ( the
directory where the exe reside). You can delete these directories when
checking "Remove the created S3A directories." in Set Preferences -
OLCI Config.

There are two possibilities when the OpenGL globe does not work.
- I suppose you have a portable PC with two graphic processors. If so,
you have to start the program by right clicking on the exe file and
choose the right graphic processor ( mostly the NVIDIA GPU). You can
change the settings so that Windows uses the GPU as default.
- You do not have an OpenGL driver in your system. If you have an
NVIDIA GPU you can install a new GPU driver from the NVIDIA website.

The spec demands for ECV are not that high : you need an OpenGL driver
and if you process S3A images I recommend at least 8 GByte RAM.

Kind regards,

Hugo

---In MSG-1@... mailto:MSG-1@...,
<hctpeters@...> wrote :

Hugo,

just starting to discover your great software (view and process
NPP-M/DNB pictures)!

One question: as I do basic processing on all received S3A data I untar
them and make a preview for my personal website.
Is it possible to let Eumetcastview handle already untared S3A data
folders!?
If no t I have to change my processing script.

Another question: ECV stalled every time I tried to click on the
3DGlobe. I avoid it by using the cylindrical equidistant map but it
would be great to figure out whether I could fix the problem with the
3DGlobe?
I run Win10 on a J1900 with builtin graphic processor....maybe the specs
are not suitable for ECV?! Error is very common: 'ECV is not working any
more'

Regards,

Christian

Am 15.12.16 um 13:31 schrieb hvanruys@... mailto:hvanruys@... [MSG-1]:

Hello,

A new version of EUMETCastView is released. You can again just copy
the exe file, but you also have to copy the new FreeImage.dll to this
directory. In case you do not have vcomp120.dll it is also included in
the ZIP file.

The scale_factor and add_offset are now used to calculate the
radiances. Also a bug in the GVP projection for negative latitudes was
fixed.
Histogram matching is added for OLCI images.
None 95% Linear mapping of 95% of the pixels to 0 - 255. The lower
2.5% of the pixel values are set to 0 and the higher 2.5% of the pixel
values are set to 255. None 100% Linear mapping of 100% of the pixels
to 0 - 255 Equalize
Histogram equalization of the complete or projected image. The LUT is
calculated over the complete input image.
Equalize Projection (only for projections)
Histogram equalization of the projected image. The LUT is calculated
only over the pixels of the projected image.
There is also a radiobutton where you can combine the histogram
matching with normalized values. These values are calculated by A
dividing the radiances by the cosine of the Sun Zenith Angle.
For OLCI images you can now save the image as a 48bit RGB PNG file.

A "Whats This ?" button was added to the Toolbar. It provides a simple
description of any widget, i.e. answering the question "What's This?".
Pushing this button and hovering over any widget in the Toolbox
changes the cursor in a question mark, and by clicking gives a short
explanation of the widget.
For the moment only a few of the new widgets are provided with help
texts.

Kind regards,

Hugo