Re: New version EUMETCastView 1.1.8

Christian Peters

Hugo,

just starting to discover your great software (view and process
NPP-M/DNB pictures)!

One question: as I do basic processing on all received S3A data I untar
them and make a preview for my personal website.
Is it possible to let Eumetcastview handle already untared S3A data
folders!?
If no t I have to change my processing script.

Another question: ECV stalled every time I tried to click on the
3DGlobe. I avoid it by using the cylindrical equidistant map but it
would be great to figure out whether I could fix the problem with the
3DGlobe?
I run Win10 on a J1900 with builtin graphic processor....maybe the specs
are not suitable for ECV?! Error is very common: 'ECV is not working any
more'

Regards,

Christian

Am 15.12.16 um 13:31 schrieb hvanruys@... [MSG-1]:

Hello,

A new version of EUMETCastView is released. You can again just copy
the exe file, but you also have to copy the new FreeImage.dll to this
directory. In case you do not have vcomp120.dll it is also included in
the ZIP file.

The scale_factor and add_offset are now used to calculate the
radiances. Also a bug in the GVP projection for negative latitudes was
fixed.
Histogram matching is added for OLCI images.
None 95% Linear mapping of 95% of the pixels to 0 - 255. The lower
2.5% of the pixel values are set to 0 and the higher 2.5% of the pixel
values are set to 255. None 100% Linear mapping of 100% of the pixels
to 0 - 255 Equalize
Histogram equalization of the complete or projected image. The LUT is
calculated over the complete input image.
Equalize Projection (only for projections)
Histogram equalization of the projected image. The LUT is calculated
only over the pixels of the projected image.
There is also a radiobutton where you can combine the histogram
matching with normalized values. These values are calculated by
dividing the radiances by the cosine of the Sun Zenith Angle.
For OLCI images you can now save the image as a 48bit RGB PNG file.

A "Whats This ?" button was added to the Toolbar. It provides a simple
description of any widget, i.e. answering the question "What's This?".
Pushing this button and hovering over any widget in the Toolbox
changes the cursor in a question mark, and by clicking gives a short
explanation of the widget.
For the moment only a few of the new widgets are provided with help texts.

Kind regards,

Hugo