Re: FSD

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Sewards" <alan.sewards@computer.org>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Re: FSD

Apropos of this, Eumetsat don't seem to be making any (or much) use of the
Messages capability in the MSG dissemination. What messages there are are
usually out of date, the standard one in the Admin Messages could as well
be
in the Timetable section, and there is rarely if ever any News. I get the
impression either that it is difficult to insert these messages, or that
the
mode of operation does not include sending out information via them. Be
nice
if someone thought about this!

Best regards - Alan
To be fair Eumetsat have a relatively small team working on this and I
suspect when they have some busy days (such as Monday and Tuesday) admin
comes second .... it is a trial and does not carry the importance (and
probably staffing) required by the 3 operational satellites.
But you are right the admin is helpful as we are also fine tuning our
systems and wondering if it us or them !