Re: Red Herring (was ...Old and new Tellicast Client)

Christian Peters

Ernst,

yes...I did that BIOS reset because of encircle my installation problems
(which were solved I think.....the pair of two 8GB DIMMs seem not to
like each other, installed RAM from the problematic J1800 board (16GB)
runs well now.
No...I hadn't touch the BIOS right now...as I am not at home.

Puh....I didn't keep in mind that it was urgent to disable C-States!?
Never read something anywhere.
Maybe I did that on the J1800 board by accident as I disabled unwanted
audio hardware etc.
So I will tomorrow (that's hard time to wait but I'm on the road...)
boot again the J1800 board (even an Asrock board) and as I think the
chipset were equal I will do a 1:1 comparison between the BIOS settings
between the J1800 and the new J1900-ITX board as I had no trouble with
the TBS5925 and masses of recovered packets with the J1800 Asrock
board..?????!!

But it's good to hear that you only got EUMETCAST running by disabling
C-states.
That gives hope to me! :-)

Regards,

Christian

Am 14.03.16 um 18:07 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

Christian

So you have not yet touched the BIOS? Some time back you wrote
something about having to reset it to defaults when you had the
initial RAM problem? I would not take it for granted that the defaults
of the BIOS are actually how the PC board was shipped. So the
processor C-States may still be on? I had to desable them completely
to get my Fujitsu/Siemens board working with EUMETCast. Interrupts are
another wide field ...

---In MSG-1@..., <hctpeters@...> wrote :

Ernst,

yes...I did remove the routing setting and did a reboot (interface
address as already set as described in your post) but no success! :-(
I really have to check the BIOS setting....maybe it's possible in the
evening.
Hope it will take a positive effect....

Regards,

Christian

P.S.: Yes...EUMETSAT can contact me regarding Red Wine and where to
send...! ;-)

Am 14.03.16 um 17:27 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@...
mailto:ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]