Re: Howto monitor/graph Tellicast/receiver device in Linux?

Christian Peters

Ernst,

thank you very much! :-) I will take the offer and learn something more!
That's a good clue to check manual with an echo command included.
But now I have to look after my dish, receiption stalls at 6:00 in the
morning....I think a gust moved the dish!? :-(

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Christian

Am 20.02.16 um 09:12 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

Christian

Glad to hear the RRDtool/eLuna monitoring for your GNU/Linux Eumetcast
receiver is up and running.

To add more graphs you can directly copy create.sh, update.sh, and
graph.pm files from my receivers.
Just access them via a browser, you should know by now where you can
find the rrd subdirectory ;-).

The web interfaces of old and new Tellicast Clients are somewhat
different. As you still use 2.4.3a you should copy the
missed/recovered files from my receiver io. Of course you will have to
adapt some pathes and the like. A word to the TCP Interfaces: If eluna
updates the traffic still via the "ifconfig" command you should have a
look at my updates that work via /proc/net/dev. The difference is that
my solution uses 64 Bit counters while via "ifconfig" you will get 32
Bits only and these will wrap from time to time messing up your
traffic graphs :-(.

P.S.
For debugging update.sh files just type an "echo" command in front of the
"rrdtool update" line and execute them from the command line. Good luck.