Re: Howto monitor/graph Tellicast/receiver device in Linux?

Ernst Lobsiger

Christian

Glad to hear the RRDtool/eLuna monitoring for your GNU/Linux Eumetcast receiver is up and running.

To add more graphs you can directly copy create.sh, update.sh, and graph.pm files from my receivers.
Just access them via a browser, you should know by now where you can find the rrd subdirectory ;-).

The web interfaces of old and new Tellicast Clients are somewhat different. As you still use 2.4.3a you should copy the missed/recovered files from my receiver io. Of course you will have to adapt some pathes and the like. A word to the TCP Interfaces: If eluna updates the traffic still via the "ifconfig" command you should have a look at my updates that work via /proc/net/dev. The difference is that my solution uses 64 Bit counters while via "ifconfig" you will get 32 Bits only and these will wrap from time to time messing up your traffic graphs :-(.

P.S.
For debugging update.sh files just type an "echo" command in front of the
"rrdtool update" line and execute them from the command line. Good luck.