Re: Howto monitor/graph Tellicast/receiver device in Linux?

Christian Peters

Ernst,

eLuna is working, I see the page and even the graphs, I set up the
cronjob and the tables even updates every 5 min as I see the most recent
time at the bottom of each graph.
But the data seems not to be inserted in the graphs....? I changed the
'graphs' directory were the eLuna files live to www-data too. Strange...

Have to check further on...!

Thanks for your help.

Christian

Am 19.02.16 um 20:04 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

Christian

You are probably not updating the RRDs. You have to add a line in
/etc/crontab to update all RRDs every 5 minutes. It's described in the
eLuna help files. I use the following line, put it at the bottom of
/etc/crontab

*/5 * * * * root /var/www/eluna/update.pl > /dev/null 2>&1

If you already see some graphs you have adapted the Apache conf file
O.K. I'm not sure Ubuntu has the Apache web root in /var/www too. If
not you have to adapt my cron line to point to update.pl. Then you
just restart cron at the command line with "service cron restart". If
this doesn't work try "/etc/init.d/cron restart" .

Another point is that all the eluna files have to belong to the user
Apache2 runs under. It's www-data in Debian and probably in Ubuntu as
well. So I normally change to Apache2s root directory /var/www and
issue at the command line the command "chown -R www-data:www-data
eluna" Then descending from the web root in directory eluna everything
is owned by www-data for sure.

Good luck.