Re: Joining Eumetcast - asking for hardware recommendations

Christian Peters

Rob,

yes...exact...that's the point! ;-)

Let's see...!

Christian

Am 30.01.16 um 13:31 schrieb sat sat@... [MSG-1]:

Christian,

Currently xrit2pic looks at one directory at a time. So if MDM moves raw
files to several sub-dirs (probably year/month/day) then you would need
to alter the directory to look at by xrit2pic each day...
Maybe raw files can be moved to one directory by MDM, otherwise another
solution is needed.
(Hoping that I understand you right... ;-))

Rob.

Christian Peters hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:
Rob,

if I can point to a directory and xrit2pic did search into sudirectories
(which MDM does create even under raw the directoy) than that's
obsolete! Sorry, it just is for testing and becoming familiar!
Can't check this with xrit2pic as I am not on the system.

Yes...better to use the raw files as the jpegs! ;-)

Thanks and sorry for that confusion.

Regards,

Christian

Am 30.01.16 um 12:52 schrieb sat sat@... [MSG-1]:

Christian,
I don't know what you exactly want to do with the combination MDM/xrit2pic.
As far as I know MDM can move the raw (unprocessed) files to 'a'
directory, from where xrit2pic can take it over. So no special feature
in MDM is needed...?

The other possibility is to use the jpeg created by MDM, xrit2pic can
use these too. Depending on what you want with the output of xrit2pic
this could give quality loss (8-bits jpeg versus 10-bits per pixel in
the raw files).
Also, some features are maybe not working; something to look at.

Rob.

Christian Peters hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:

Rob,

i just had a look on the new version! Great you updated to 3-hourly data.
I will give the cascade a try....but I then have to relinquish in MDM
that it arrange the decoded pictures in folders. Maybe D.Taylor can add
an additional checkbox for "dates in raw folders" ....but I think it's a
really special wish...!

Regards,

Christian

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

Yahoo Groups Links