Re: Joining Eumetcast - asking for hardware recommendations

Christian Peters

Rob,

i just had a look on the new version! Great you updated to 3-hourly data.
I will give the cascade a try....but I then have to relinquish in MDM that it arrange the decoded pictures in folders. Maybe D.Taylor can add an additional checkbox for "dates in raw folders" ....but I think it's a really special wish...! :-D

Regards,

Christian

Am 30.01.16 um 10:34 schrieb sat sat@... [MSG-1]:

Christian,
That should be possible; put MDM and xrit2pic in cascade. (Never point
the 2 to the same received dirctory.)

Btw, I have to make an update for the 'essential data' button. This is
currently 3-hourly data, so 8 data sets per day, xrit2pic still assumes
the old 6-hourly essential data.

Rob.

Christian Peters hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:
Rob,

yes....I see a lot is possible with your program. I just checked Ernst
website and he did a lot with xrit2pic in command line mode. :-)
I just think whether it's possible to use it in parallel with David's
MSG if I kept the raw data in MSG, didn't check the 'Dates in Folders'
checkox and then point xritpic to the raw directory which MSG will fill up?

I definitely will give xrit2pic a try and will try to set up some
command line jobs!

Regards,

Christian

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

Yahoo Groups Links