Re: Joining Eumetcast - asking for hardware recommendations

Christian Peters

Rob,

yes....I see a lot is possible with your program. I just checked Ernst website and he did a lot with xrit2pic in command line mode. :-)
I just think whether it's possible to use it in parallel with David's MSG if I kept the raw data in MSG, didn't check the 'Dates in Folders' checkox and then point xritpic to the raw directory which MSG will fill up?

I definitely will give xrit2pic a try and will try to set up some command line jobs!

Regards,

Christian

Am 29.01.16 um 19:00 schrieb sat sat@... [MSG-1]:

Christian,
Yes, it is possible to generate only 'essential' data. There is a
special button for that in the tool.
I am currently updating the manual, but you can see it in the old manual
too:
http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/man_xrit2pic.html#record
Button 0/6/12/18. (Can also be set by default at start-up.)
Mapping can be anything you want; nrgb, nrgb + a little IR for the dark
parts of morning/evening pictures , airmass, dust etc.
(just nrgb for essential data doesn't show much, except for 12:00).

Rob.

hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I will have a closer look on that! Thank you for that usefull
information!

> Is there a way to do for example an automatic generation of a nrgb
full disk image very 3 hours with xrit2pic?