Re: SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

Ian Deans

Ernst,

I set up my Technisat HD USB box again but the CrazyCat fix SS2XPFDX.ex will not load on my computer with the message it has stopped working. I have tried all compatibility ( I am running Windows 8.1 ) but with no success. The box goes in and out of lock because of the VCM problem with an SNR about 11.00.

From: ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:05 PM
To: MSG-1@...
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

Ian

As reported several times the TechniSat Skystar 2 eXpress HD and the SkyStar HD USB DVBS-2 box do work under GNU/Linux for the Basic Service even if they do not know about VCM. It's one single bit that you must set in a demodulator register. The demodulator works then like an Ayecka SR1 in dual mode (where you do not use the second demodulator). The problem of Windows drivers was that they did not know about that while in the Open Source drivers under GNU/Linux (once the problem was understood) this could easily be fixed.

CrazyCat has made a fix for ignorant Windows drivers and so there have now been reports that (at least the PCIe Card) works as well under Windows. These devices have the same demodulator as the 85 Euro TBS-5980 USB box that runs fine as a Basic Service receiver for Arne van Belle with CrazyCat software.

EUMETSAT has tested the SkyStar receivers under GNU/Linux so far and found them to work just fine.

So Ian please try to use the CrazyCat fix that you find on this list and chances are it cures your packet loss as well. I would really like to see a SkyStar 2 USB HD box running as a Basic Service receiver under Windows.