Re: SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

Ian Deans

Geoff, I have a Technisat HD USB DVB-S2 box the same as the one shown on the migration page. It will not work under Windows for the basic service as it is not compatible with VCM . You can receive the odd bit of data but you will have hundreds of missed packets in minutes due to the HVService interference.

From: Geoff Morris satgroups@... [MSG-1]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:00 AM
To: MSG-1@...
Subject: [MSG-1] SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

I see on the Eumetsat Eumetcast migration page, they are including the
SkyStar 2 eXpress HD card, and its USB version in the list of devices
they use. They only give installation info for Linux, but both devices
will work under windows. I wonder if anyone has tried either of these
devices yet..?

I will almost certainly get one of them in the new year, when the parcel
delivery service is more reliable..!! As my interest (at the moment) is
fully served by the basic service, these cards would seem to be ideal.

Cheers..............Geoff
--

Geoff Morris GW3ATZ
Tel 01244 818252