Re: TBS 5925 experience

Fer <mhz4464@...>

Morning all,
here my recent experience in installing a tbs-5925 and migration to dvb-s2.
Sunday afternoon was a perfect day to start, i bought my 5925 from  ebay.fr at 199.99 Euro with postage (IMHO still too expensive, but that's another story)   sent with Colissimo and despite infamous italian postal service it arrived in 5 days, one to get out from France and four to travel the 120km from Milan hub to Turin.

I followed this steps, probably wrong, but they worked for me. Any suggestion appreciated:

1-installed tbs-5925 original windows driver v2.0.0.4 and then fired up the usb unit
2-installed Crazy Cat driver BDADataEx 1.1.2.1240, modified IP address according to my LAN
3-between rain showers, aimed the dish to 10° bird using BDADataEx voice utility and two LPDhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/s0sp3ot2mgvfc4p/BDA%20DRIVER.jpg?dl=0

4-modified LAN settings on Tap windows DVB adapter V9 https://www.dropbox.com/s/haxb0fhyd8ctf45/LAN%20board.jpg?dl=0

5-modified LAN settings on Tellicast recv.ini, restart Tellicasthttps://www.dropbox.com/s/yxksnaolcx46pz3/Tellicast%20lan.jpg?dl=0

all went smooth, below 30 hours of Tellicast data flow statistic, no BSOD until nowhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/mpiohn1whnwc8wy/Tellicast%20statistic.jpg?dl=0

tbs-5925 temperature is still in 30-35°C rangePC operative system and hardware belowhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/zzwx6sqyr3qyvi5/HW_SW.jpg?dl=0

kudos to Crazy Cat for the excellent driver and thanks to all people on the forum for posting their experierence, special thank to David and Cecilia Taylor's web page, very helpful.
regards Fer   iw1dtu

Von:                "'David J Taylor' gm8arv@... [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@...>
Datum:      Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:48:47 -0000

  (use WXtrack of
your favourite site to compare the pointing directions from your own
location).

For the initial first orientation, I've found that using Google Maps' satellite view can
be very helpful. Get the correct bearing for the satellite and point from your
antenna's position in that direction. Find an object on the line that you can easily
identify from the antenna's mounting point.

Sometimes, it is easier to use a 90° angle, derived from the satellite's bearing. You
can adjust the outer borderline of your dish to that auxiliary fix point.

Of course, this is not the best technique if the dish is mounted where no one can
firmly stand.

As a last step, always optimize the LNB's skew angle. That will work wonders on
youd dB reading.

Cheers,
U.

Unsure what a term means?  Check the Glossary at:
http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

Yahoo Groups Links