Re: New stadion

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hallo everybody.
I'm new eumetcast user from Poland. I have a question. How many lost segment is normal in 24 h? I have 2 or 3 lost receive session in one day.
Robert
Wysłane z iPhone'a

Robert,

Welcome to the group!

With a correctly set up system, no segments will be lost. Using a RAMdisk is the first step to ensuring minimum loss.

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/RAMdisk.html

You may find, when looking at the TelliCast statistics, that there are some missed packets, but mostly there should be the same number of recovered packets as there are missed ones. Optimising a system for minimum loss can be a bit of an art! Using two PCs can make the problem easier to solve.