Re: ANN: Software updates

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi David,

Have you made some changes in the set of LUTs available in this new
version of Animator (2,6,12)? I have found that my animations have
changed drastically for the times after I installed the new version, and
I have noticed that the funny ones show 'none' for the palette. I don't
recall what palettes I was using but have tried all those available with
no success.
Apart from this, the updates to MSGDM, MetopMgr and AVHRRMgr all seem
to have gone well. I had a little trouble with MSGDM through the update
being installed in folder MsgDataManager instead of the earlier folder
Msg Data Manager...

Best regards - Alan S

Alan,

Thanks for reporting back.

On the MSG Animator, nothing related to palettes should have changed between 2.6.10 and 2.6.12. Of course, if you have added your own palettes they won't have been in the Zip file you downloaded, and if you copied the Zip contents into a fresh directory you would also need to copy any customised palettes from your previous working directory. The files in the upgrade are intended to be copied into a working directory, /if/ you have added to the originally installed files, and they will also form a complete, working set for a new user.

The MSG Data Manager install program should honour the directory you most recently installed to. The default path for a fresh install is:

C:\Tools\SatSignal\MsgDataManager\

I asked that follow-ups be in the SatSignal Yahoo group. Could I ask that you post further comments there, please?

Thanks,