Re: RAM disk

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: Alan Banks

Hi Chris
Try these.
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv.ini.html
and
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv-channels.ini.html
Cheers
Alan

Alan,

Thanks for posting that. May I suggest:

- in recv.ini, the tmp_directory should be defined, and it should be in the same disk partition as the received directories, so in your case something like:

[parameters]
tmp_directory=D:\temp

Ensure the directory exists and has full access.

I would also remove all the commented out stuff from recv-channels.ini to make things clearer. You may find you have unexpected entries! For what it's worth, my own sample files look something like this:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/recv.ini.txt
http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/recv-channels.ini.txt

These files are for:
# EUMETCast directory: C:\EUMETCast\
# Received files: C:\EUMETcast\received\
# In-reception files: C:\EUMETcast\temp\
# 300 MB RAMdisk drive: Z:
# Only some sample channels are shown

If you can keep the EUMETCast data to a separate physical disk (as your drive D: may be) so much the better, but /don't/ use a separate partition on the same physical disk (e.g. another partition on the physical disk where your C:\Windows\ resides - that just causes more disk head movement between the partitions. It is important to remove the catch-all [*] entry in recv-channels.ini, as you demonstrate, otherwise your system can easily become overloaded with unwanted data.

After a new install, I copy the recv.ini and recv-channels.ini to a safe location for a reference.