Re: DVBWorld problems

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Yes it does help although I am not 100% happy with my present set-up given
that I am only running a 32 bit operating system and with 8 GB of ram not
necessary very sensible. Ok I have used some of it on a 800 Mb RAMdisk but
a lot still not being used.

Just letting things settle down after losing Windows 8/64 trying to install
2007 DVBWorld drivers for my Dexatek box.

Being near the sea does help although I am probably 800 feet or so above sea
level and have had some snow -- but not as much as Douglas.

Unless you've moved since 2007, Ian, I make your altitude more like 45 m or 147 feet. That's from both my GPS reading and a UK contour map.

BTW: Arne van Belle pointed out a RAMdisk which could use memory above 4 GB on a 32bit system IIRC. Gavotte RAMdisk? Yes:

http://www.jensscheffler.de/using-gavotte-ramdisk-in-windows-7

But I wouldn't try it without having a good backup first, just in case....