Re: DVBWorld problems

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Many thanks David for your detailed reply.

I must admit it just annoys me that the company knows their is a bug in
their 2008/2010 drivers on 64-bit but because it does not affect the boxes
TV use ( which is probably 90%+ of sales ) they are doing nothing about it.

My Windows 8 64-bit download used my Windows 7 key so the operating system
cannot be recovered.

Interesting to hear of your experience with the Technisat Box. I have used
and tested a Technisat HD USB box on both Windows 8 32 and 64 bit and found
no problems using the Windows 7 4.6.0 drivers / software. I would say that
my Technisat HD box is not as good as the Dexatek box as the
missed/recovered packets are higher, but to be fair losses are rare.

I am surprised that Technisat are not releasing Windows 8 drivers.

I am now running Windows 8 32 bit on my HD as my main computer and Windows 7
64 bit on my SSD is my back-up.

Ian,

Yes, it's annoying, but at least we do have a driver/program pair which work for the Dexatek/DVBWorld box, unlike the situation for the TechniSat USB 2 box. Your HD USB box must be just recent enough to work, or at least, to work without causing unexpected reboots. I was seeing zero packet loss until the snow came and covered up the antenna!

Have you tried contacting Microsoft? They may be able to help.

Do I understand that you have a separate PC for EUMETCast running Win-7/64, or is EUMETCast on the Win-8/32 system?