Re: DVBWorld problems

Paul-NTL <phqfh1@...>

David

Dependable as always :) thanks for your quick response.

After going over your info and your your excellent guides it's looking as
you say like a driver issue.

The only driver George has came from Eumetsat which shows up as:
DVB ETCorp
Driver 5/07/2009
Version 6.3.0.1

Do you think this maybe the problem? if so can we obtain the correct driver
online?

Best regards

Paul

Paul,

Nice to hear from you!

I spoke with George this morning and suggest he follow my guide:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/

Win-7 and Win-8 64-bit have certain driver issues, which are discussed
here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/Dexatek.html#64-bit

so you need the correct combination of driver and DVB World program as
found
on the GEO CD. From Device Manager and Windows Explorer:

Driver:
Device: DVB NET ETAdapter
Driver: DVB ETCorp 24/07/2007 6.1.0.2, not digitally signed
DVBNet.sys, 1.0.2.0 built by WinDDK, Copyright 2005-2006 DVB Provider

DVB World program:
Program DVB World 3.0 B01, (c) 2004-2008, ver: 12-05-2008

I can vouch that these combinations do work on both Win-7/64 and Win-8/64,
although you may need to set Win-8/64 so that unsigned drivers can be
installed, and the Dexatek (and likely DVB World) box may not work
correctly
in a USB 3.0 port (I only discovered this today).

You should also ensure that the ROUTE ADD command has been run, It's
mentioned on the EUMETSAT installation CD. The output from the ROUTE PRINT
command should include the lines:

Persistent Routes:
Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.238.238 1

Oh, and TechniSat aren't supplying Windows-8 drivers for at least some of
their boxes and cards, and the Win-7 4.0.6a drivers may cause intermittent
crashes on a Win-8 system. I've only had the Win-8/DVB World software
running for a few hours so far, so perhaps there are some surprises in
store! But they have worked for at least two others (Graham Woolf and Ian
Deans).