Re: DVBWorld problems

woolfg

Hi Ian

That's certainly not my experience. I have been running Windows 8 64bit now for about three months and have had no issues whatsoever . I am running DVBWorld software with an external USB receiver but once I found the correct drivers I have not had one second of downtime

Regards

Graham

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" wrote:

Just to clarify my position re Windows 8 and the Dexatek/DVBWorld drivers
and software, I only have them working on my backup 32 bit Windows 8 system.

Attempting to run Dexatek/DVBWorld drivers on Windows 8 64-bit not only
proved impossible but seriously corrupted my Windows 8 start up and as I had
downloaded the operating system from the internet ( for £24 ) without a
back-up disc I lost the whole operating system.

I am now running Windows 7 64-bit on that computer and would not recommend
you even try using Dexatek/DVBWorld boxes on Windows 8 64-bit as there are
serious risks. Lets get a reality check with these boxes, you need 5/6 year
old drivers to get them to work on Windows 7 64-bit and there has been no
updated drivers /software since Vista !!!