Re: Parallel dissemination

Ulrich G. Kliegis

An: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Von: "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk>
Datum: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:01:42 -0000

For researchers, having the dual
full-scan views is an otherwise unrepeatable opportunity.]
David,

after playing around a bit with both sources, I switched it back-off. Theoretically, the "stereo
view" is indeed unique, but detecting 3D becomes nearly impossible if the two frames are not
recorded and displayed totally synchronously. Interleaving left and right frames is fine, but
subsequent frames should then carry the same time stamp - from the same clock.

Fusing the two datastreams into one RSS movie produced garbage - and made the hard disk
growl.

The normal user (tm) should just wait until Metop 10 is fully commissioned as such, in my eyes,
and then toggle the switch.

But the little I know is probably wrong.

Cheers,
U.