Re: Question

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: iw3ele@yahoo.it
[]
Sorry for my ignorance would know what is the number of MD5 signature

Thanks
Fiorenzo

Fiorenzo,

Essentially it is a checksum on the data. It may be useful if you think a download is faulty, because you can run the same checksum on the downloaded data and it should agree with the one I publish. There is a Windows MD5 program here:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/md5/

and there is a good description of MD5 on that page.

Having said that, and produced the checksums, there is only one time in my recent memory that I have ever had a "bad" download, and where using the MD5 signature helped to prove that the download was faulty, so perhaps it is a waste of time and effort to provide the MD5 signature today!