Re: Portable systems

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi All
It would appear that I may get good use out of a EUMETCast portable
system to take to meetings of astronomers etc.
What size dish do people with such systems use?

I've got an invite to StarGazing Live on the BBC 10th Jan. I'm part of a
group of astronomers and I've been given Solar Observing. Trying to
figure a way of turning it round :-)
Cheers
Alan

Alan,

I believe that, within England, a 60 cm dish is usually adequate.

I do have a 37 cm dish which will get Astra in Scotland, but EUMETCast is /extremely/ marginal, so that dish is definitely too small.

It would be great to get more publicity for EUMETCast, and for the help and assistance which GEO can give.