Re: missing data channels

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hallo, David !
Thanks for your very kind interest in my drama. When put into a port accepting it the dongle produces a permanent red glow.
No flashes ! After x-reboots I now do not get anymore SAF data which was the only one opened before. All I have now is the announcement channel data being continuously produced - and o.k. status being shown. All this points to all data being blocked by some silly firewall or other blocking device. I run my PC now with XP professional - before I had XP home. Growing trouble with receiving tellicast-Eumetsat forced me to do this step. I did not see any alternative since Tellicast just was before its final breath.
So, reloading my PC from scratch has been futile so far.
I will send the facts to Darmstadt - Debbie did a great job in providing me rapidly with the new version 5.8. plus a new dongle.
Should you or another expert member of this group have some suspicion as to the reasons of my problem I would be most thankful for your thoughts.
Regards
Roland
There is no data from any data channel showing up.
Throughbits between zero and 600. before. kl of those z

Roland,

The change from XP Home to XP Professional should make little or no difference. My main receive-only PC runs XP Home and works perfectly well. If you think there is a firewall issue, you may want to check that the XP firewall is turned off. But, it the announcement channel is getting through, I believe that there is no firewall issue. Getting connection but no data suggests authorisation or eToken problems. Some ideas, which you may have already tried.

1 - Does the eToken install correctly? There is a quick test mentioned on the EUMETSAT 5.8 install instructions.

2 - Turn on verbose logging for TelliCast, and see what the log file says.

3 - I wonder whether your username and password are correct?

4 - You could try the generic username and password which will work with no eToken installed.

From your other mail - it will be the network interface on the motherboard which is trying to provide firewall protection, and it may be a BIOS setting to disable that. But if the TelliCast icon is "pink", there is no firewall problem (as far as I know).