From: James Brown
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 4:21 PM
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Eclipse

On 16/11/2012 15:56, Geoffrey Gee wrote:
Alan

You may recognise me from the past. I was looking forward to looking at your images taken from an area I know well and which I have been able to cover regularly until; recently. Any ideas as to how I can get them to open The current link fails.

Unfortunately I have had recently to move from my flat to a care home and have had to leave my Dish MSG & METOP installation behind but have one of my computers with me . I am now reduced to being an old ordinary weather watcher !!!!! Any hints on useful sites to fill the hole left by my loss of my EUMETSAT data would be much appreciated

Cheers .......................Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
My thoughts are with you at this difficult transition. Alan will no
doubt be along to support, but in the mean time can I also offer the
thought of you getting ftp access to some data files from Eumetsat - IF
your care home supports a broadband connection. Otherwise there are a
sites which would allow a browser access to some images if e.g. you had
a laptop with a dongle. Could perhaps you could let the group know what
amount of data you might be able to get via land-line connection at your
new address?

All the very best

James