Re: No network

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi David.

No I'm not sure I have the dish correctly pointed, that was the gist my question ... is it possible to get an on screen signal strength with those parameters from Hotbird ?

If you can, then I'm probably on Hotbird and need to play with the dish some more.
If you can't then I can lock the dish and look for the problem indoors.

73, Tony.

With an 85 cm dish here in Scotland, and one I suspect isn't 100% correctly aligned, I get 65% quality and 8.5 dB (varying) SNR. That's on a SkyStar 2.6D card on a Windows XP PC, 4.4.1 drivers. Signal strength graph here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-snr.php

You may be nearer the edge of the footprint, and/or have a poorer alignment, and your figures don't then seem unreasonable. In southern England I would expect higher. Sometimes the network name does come up blank, so that's no indication. If you are using a DVB World USB box with 64-bit drivers, there are other issues which appear to allow video through but not data, hence my question about which receiver and operating system you have.

73,