Re: DVBWorld DVBS2 HD

seggins2000

----- Original Message -----
From: David J Taylor
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:22 AM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] DVBWorld DVBS2 HD

I am using Windows 7 home premium 64bit and the drivers are the ones
supplied by the manufacturer.
It works fine as a TV receiver but I suspect it filters out pure 'data'
channels.
I will try the DVB-S box
Regards
John

John,

Did you check my notes on 64-bit drivers?

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/Dexatek.html#64-bit

Yes checked them. Used the recommended one but it made no difference.
Eumetsat were unable to help.
I have commented to GEO that their web ad implies the DVBS2HD works for Eumetcast, whereas the ad in the quarterly magazine states it does not.
I have a use for the DVBS2HD as a TV receiver which is an excellent product...I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone...hey ho.
I suspect it filters out pure 'data' channels and presents only TV and Radio.
I await the arrival of a DVBS box.
Meanwhile back to old system for a while...
Regards
John