Re: KNC-One DVB-S card, experiences?

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

Hallo Ulli,

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ulrich G. Kliegis"
<Ulrich.Kliegis@n...> wrote:
My favorite PC dealer offers the KNC-One DVB-S card for 79 euros,
which seems to be a good offer.

Is there anybody here except for my friend Klaus who has this card
in
use?

Or any other experiences with non-SkyStar-cards?
I have successfully used the Hauppauge WinTV Nova, which seems to be
quite similar to the KNC1 card you'd like to buy; infact the
LinuxTV.org drivers work pretty much the same way on either hardware,
I just checked the documentation.

I ran the WinTV Nova under Win2000 and Linux, and never had any
trouble. I have to say I used it only for a short period of time
though, but long enough to notice if anything strange would happen.

FYI, Computer Universe (german online shop) seems to have the
SkyStar2 PCI for 58 Euros + shipping, though it looks like they are
backordered now and will receive stock in 10 days. You can check:

http://www.computeruniverse.net

and search for "Technisat".

I have bought other things from this shop in the past and their
service is excellent; very nice website too.

Tschuss, Luca