Re: PC setup

From: peterg7lja2003
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:11 PM
To: MSG-1@...
Subject: [MSG-1] PC setup

Hi All
info required
on the reception PC what size Hard drive be best to start on new station
On the processor PC again best size Hard Drive
Thanks
Pete

How long is a piece of string, Pete? <G>

Suggestion: reception PC, enough for two days of data, at 45 GB per day, plus OS etc. I am managing with an 80 GB disk using Windows XP (needs to be PATA on the old system I am using).

Suggestion: processing PC, as big as you want to keep your days of data. 2 TB is not expensive these days. Perhaps an SSD for the operating system and non-changing files, and an HD for the data and my software.