Re: New Station

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I'm about to start up a new station any help with what hardware and setup to have. I would be most greatful.
Require more info on PC config.Hard drive, Ram drive, memory, OS
Thanks for your time
Pete

Pete,

You may find these pages helpful:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/atovs/index.html

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/index.htm

If you can use XP, that might be the simplest choice. 3 GB of memory.

With Windows-7, I would go for the 64-bit version with 4-8 GB of memory. Use a 90+ GB SSD for the system disk, and a 2 TB HD for the EUMETCast data. A RAM disk of 300-500 MB for EUMETCast temporary files substantially reduces the data losses.

My ideal solution might be a 2-PC configuration, with the receiver PC running XP/32/1GB or Win-7/32/2GB, with the processing PC being Win-7/64/8GB as above.

Do ask if you have any questions.