Re: Lot of missing segments (Windows 7)

Ulrich G. Kliegis

An: <MSG-1@...>
Von: "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...>
Datum: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:38:18 +0100
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] Lot of missing segments (Windows 7)
Antwort an: MSG-1@...

But there have also been some
weather-related outages at the uplink station a week or two back.
So it
may be worth checking what others a are reporting if it's just the
occasional packet which is missing. There are some graphs here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe-packets.ph
David, Daniel,

clicking on the single graphs in that page reveals some more data - and
looking at the last entry, the yearly statistics, and comparing them shows a
common increase of missed packets since the beginning of this soaked
summer. Surprising, but then, there were days when not much air was left in
the water.

http://www.kn-online.de/Lokales/Fotostrecken-Lokales/Unwetter-in-
Kiel/%28from%29/1302654/%28mode%29/full/%28offset%29/1

Let's say, it's all about the weather...

Windows are supposed to protect you against the non-amicabilities of the
weather, windows 7 seems to be odd-designed in that view. I stick to XP for
the time being. Despite some lost segments - which I even was not really
aware of.

Cheers,
U.

P.S.: David, would it be possible for you to re-activate the "quotation marker"
in your mail client? In a pure text-based mail reader, differentiating between
your and others' texts was easier some time ago. If I may say so...