Lot of missing segments (Windows 7)

daniarnedo

Hi,

I am trying to set up my new EUMETCast reception PC under Windows 7 and I am having a lot of missing segments. Statistics of Tellicast 2.4.4a show lot of "missed packets before FEC". With the same antenna I am using a second and very old PC with Win XP working without any looses. Both, have 0 value for BER at Setup4pc GUI.

I have tested with other Skystar2 Card but I get the same result. I have disabled all windows services recomended by Eumetsat. Search indexing seemd to be the trick, but there is something more.

I have tuned the system to best performance, and just receiving Channel 2. Ramdisk for tem file...

I see some of you have the eumetcast pc working under WIN7, did you find something that really makes the difference to have the system working without looses. I'm thinking about going back to WinXP for this new pc also.....

Any comment highly appreciated.

Dan.