Re: Admin MSG 24/01/04 08:45

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Yesterday afternnon I had an application popup error for
tqrecv.exe. "Application failed to initialise properly" There were
four tqrecv icons in the task bar one of which was red. The log was
reporting wrong interface address. This resulted in "Lost channel"
and "Missing file" reports and of course many lost segments. This is
the second time I have seen this behaviour and wonder if it may be
something to do with DHCP on the network router interfering with the
B2C2 connection. Will check when leases were renewed.

Peter,

Yes, it seems that at any chance the DVB card will loose its IP
address - almost guaranteed when changing its PCI slot! I don't run
DHCP here - too few PCs - and I have a router onto the cable modem
which takes care of all that. The PCs themselves have fixed IP
addresses, and use HOSTS to sort name resolution.