Re: PC configuration needed for MSG ???

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "f5hcc" <f5hcc@w...> wrote:
Hello David.
OK for your configuration; I wondered which quantity of memory was
used.
I'm not sure which configuration you are asking about:

- Arne described a 1GHz/512MB system running reception plus MSG Data
Manager, with a second PC for animation

- I mentioned using a 550MHz/512MB PC for receive only, but I think
256MB would be adequate. That runs Windows 2000. I process on a
2GHz/1GB PC, but that is also my main general purpose PC for e-mail
and software development. I think that 512MB would probably be OK
for most use, but making false-colour images with either the HRV
data, or with Meteosat-5 data (5000 pixels square) would benefit
from having 1GB of memory.

I'll try running with 98SE, Millenium or XP on this configuration.
For the moment, the configuration with PIII 1GHz and 512 MB RAM is
OK for simultaneously receiving and running MSG Data Manager (no
data loss).

Fabrice, that is what Arne reported as well. He has the "Drop
priority" setting enabled. He is running Windows 2000, which is
what both Eumetsat and I recommend for the Receiver PC.