Re: PC configuration needed for MSG ???

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "f5hcc" <f5hcc@w...> wrote:
Hello.
I wonder which PC configuration is needed for MSG reception
without data loss.

Fabrice,

Take a look at Arne van Belle's posting yesterday in the SatSignal
list.

He describes using a single PC of 1GHz/512MB specification for
reception and decoding to images. For animations and other
processing, he uses a second, networked PC.

For receiving alone (no processing), I have used 550MHz Pentium III,
512MB memory (256MB would just be OK), Windows 2000. This was
networked to a second PC which can be a general purpose PC, you main
PC used for e-mail etc.

You could start with a single PC, and move on to a two-PC system as
funds permit.