From: Hugh Marnoch
To: MSG-1@...
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [MSG-1] Re: Problems with SkyStar card

Is it possible that the problems with the card are linked to the mobo/chipset?
I think the card requires a lot of power from the mobo and if the chipset can't deliver then there are problems. I have no basis in fact for this except that I had an adsl modem (usb) that just would not work with my then abit kt7 mobo as the via chipset could not deliver enough power.
For myself the skystar card has been flawless in my original machine and in the upgraded machine it is in now. My only problem was man (me) made and was sorted quickly.

Hugh