Re: new tellique

Guy Martin <guymartin@...>

Thanks for that David. The reason I ask is that I recent bought two Neoware CA5 thin clients for £4 each and with the addition of a laptop hard drive and a SODIMM card they now run a respectable XP. As they only consume 15W they would be a suitable client to leave on 24/7 for Eumetcast receive without breaking the bank.

Cheers, Guy

From: David J Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:19 AM
To: MSG-1
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] new tellique

Hi,

Whats happened to the new version of Tellique that doesn't need a
ramdisk.

It seems to have gone a bit quiet following the initial excitement.

Cheers, Guy
Guy,

During testing, we discovered a number of problems, and further small
issues have arisen since for those of us who continued to use the client.
For example, if a file takes more than about an hour to send, it may be
lost. Therefore EUMETSAT are not going to release that version (2.5.17),
but are going to look at 2.6. I hope we will get the chance to test
before public release once again.

It might be a topic to ask during GEO's next visit to Darmstadt - I hope
you've booked!

http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

Email: mailto:david-taylor%40blueyonder.co.uk