Re: not yet perfect, but...

Ulrich G. Kliegis

An: <MSG-1@...>
Von: "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...>
Datum: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:29:20 -0000
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] not yet perfect, but...
Antwort an: MSG-1@...

Just to check, you /do/ have a tmp_directory entry in your
recv.ini:

_____________________________________
[parameters]
tmp_directory=temp
_____________________________________

pointing to the same partition as all the other receive
directories?
How could this box run for years without the tmp definition in the
parameters section - don't ask me why, when, how, this recv.ini file
was ported from installation to installation... At least, there was
no tmp_directory entry.
Yes, it may be that you need to add this entry by hand.

Hmm, Alan Sewards says it is not necessary since the pointers are in the
recv-channels.ini file.

I don't dare to ask, who's right, but rather, what is recommended?

_____________________________________
[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]
target_directory=F:&#92;received
tmp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

You are correct that with the data on different disks, one common entry in
recv.ini would not provide the best solution. By the way: I hope that is
two different physical disks, otherwise you will have the disk head madly
Yes, two drives, physically different. E: ist 250 GB, F: 400 GB.

Cheers,

U.