Re: not yet perfect, but...

Ulrich G. Kliegis

An: MSG-1@...
Von: "ernstlobsiger" <ernst.lobsiger@...>
Datum: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:13:27 -0000
Betreff: [MSG-1] Re: not yet perfect, but...
Antwort an: MSG-1@...

I think it should read "tmp_directory" instead of "temp_directory" in
recv-channels.ini.
Ernst,
danke für den Kommentar, but temp... seems to be the pregiven spelling in
the original sample, as I have it here.

Reducing the max rate to 20E6 did not change anything.

I also commented out EPS 5 temporarily - (almost) no effect. at least, in this
phase (about 15:50 UT) the rate of not-recovered packets grew.
Switching off a Dexatrek USB receiver (same as the world box) being
connected to a different PC two meters (about 6.7 ft) away, - no effect (I
suspected the open output socket, but it wasn't the culprit yet.) Connecting
the LNB cable shielding to a solid ground - nothing.

Ernst, the (temporary) temp_directory in recv.ini was derived from David's
question.

Alan, the board "looks good", no bad elcaps.

I feel a bit embarassed that just mine (out of millions of PCs running David's
software) makes such troubles. Hadn't I installed MRTG, everything would
look fine... :)

Cheers,
U.