Re: not yet perfect, but...

ernstlobsiger

--- In MSG-1@..., "Ulrich G. Kliegis" <Ulrich.Kliegis@...> wrote:

David,
I love this physicist's approach, do we see what we think to see? Oh well.

Just to check, you /do/ have a tmp_directory entry in your recv.ini:

_____________________________________
[parameters]
tmp_directory=temp
_____________________________________

pointing to the same partition as all the other receive directories?
How could this box run for years without the tmp definition in the parameters
section - don't ask me why, when, how, this recv.ini file was ported from
installation to installation... At least, there was no tmp_directory entry.

Now, as in my special (really that special?) setup where I want metop and
MSG data to be on different disks (having the least possible data
movements and maximized storage space in mind), how do I achieve that? I
have two target partitions, but the tmp obviously has to be on only one of
them. If that is the case, then the final files will be composed on only one
partition but will be shifted to the other later on.

Alternatively, I could bring both together now on a single terabyte or larger
disk. What has more advantages?

This is the content of the present recv.ini file, and note that I added the tmp
pointer only minutes ago, being aware that it is only 21, half the truth... still
reflected in the missed packets rate.

[recv.ini]
# recv.ini - TelliNet+TelliCast+TelliVision: central Receiver Configuration File

# additional files: see license.ini, recv-channels.ini (optional)
# for more information on file format use help menu in Tellicast shell
#
# 2-4-3 10-10-2005
#

[recipient]
user_name=UlrichKliegis
user_key_crypt= xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[shell]
login=none
port=2517
refresh=3

[watchdog]
#error_script=none./error.sh
#error_script_cause_announcement=30

[logging]
log_file_size=1000000
log_file_number=2
log_level=quiet

[locations]
file_database_directory=R:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp
log_file=>>recv.log
license_file=C:&#92;Programme&#92;T-Systems&#92;BusinessTV-IP&#92;license.ini
channels_file=C:&#92;Programme&#92;T-Systems&#92;BusinessTV-IP&#92;recv-channels.ini

[announcement_channel]
address=224.223.222.223:4711
name=TSL Announcement Channel

[parameters]
interface_address=192.168.238.238
file_database_size=325000000
#file_delivery_counter=50
file_delivery_speed=50000000
temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp
# the previous line added 2011-03-06 - or should this point to R: too?

[EOF]

[recv-channels.ini]
# recv-channels.ini - TelliCast+TelliVision Client channel configuration file
#
# 2-4-3 10-10-2005
#

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 1]
# Section per channel or channel group identified by
# channel name (wildcard "*" allowed at end of name)

#priority=500
# priority: priority of this channel/channel group reception
# in case reception would case reception bandwidth sum
# to exceed "recv.ini [parameters] total_bandwidth"
# 0=highest; 1000=lowest
# (default: 500=medium priority)

target_directory=F:&#92;received
# target_directory: directory for received files.
# The target_directory name is relative to the current
# working
# directory.
# (default: ./received)

# allow_execute=1
# allow_execute: 1=allow execution of programs/scripts after job
# reception if specified within the sender job file
# (default: 0=not allowed)

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp
# temp_directory: If this parameter is given tqrecv will internally
# store/compose all received files within the given
# directory and later move them to the target directory.
# While this option requires an additional move
# operation it guarantees that all files appearing in
# the target directory are fully written to the file
# system.
# (default: undefined=off
# but default value may be redefined in recv.ini)

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 3]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 4]

target_directory=F:&#92;received&#92;Data Channel 4

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 5]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 6]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[Americas-CH1]

target_directory=F:&#92;Americas-CH1

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-1]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-1

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-2]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-2

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-3]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-3

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-4]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-4

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-5]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-5

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-6]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-6

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-7]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-7

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-8]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-8

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-9]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-9

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-10]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-10

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-11]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-11

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-12]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-12

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-13]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-13

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-14]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-14

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-15]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-15

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-16]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-16

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-17]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-17

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EPS-18]

target_directory=E:&#92;EPS&#92;EPS-18

temp_directory=E:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[DWDSAT]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[SAF-Europe]

target_directory=F:&#92;received

temp_directory=F:&#92;receiving&#92;tmp

[EOF]

What I thought about more than once is to draft a graphical description of
the data path - describing the various instances where the data pass
through and what happens where... Kind of a workflow map.

Again and again, I am desoriented by the various receiving directories...

Cheers, and thanks in advance for a new re-railing...

U.
Hello Ullrich

I am far from my (Linux!) reception station and this is purely out of my head. Also the thread is pretty long by now. So for what it is worth:

a)
I think it should read "tmp_directory" instead of "temp_directory" in recv-channels.ini. Not sure the Tellicast Client understands both ...
b)
You have a very high file_delivery_speed in recv.ini. Default is 10000000 and I have never set it above 20000000 (on my old PCs).
c)
I don't understand the temp_directory under [parameters] in recv.ini.

Cheers