Re: mrtg reboot

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Alan and David,

here, it is just data for a graph. But imagine my horror some years back,
when I found out that one of our sales guys used a hexeditor to change
some coordinates in the program for a five-axes CNC milling machine. He
must have had tremendous luck or was an unrecognized hypergenious,
nothing serious happened, but it could have. The workshop was off limits for
him after that. Don't ask why he did that...
I'm sure he "thought" he was trying to be "helpful"! Amazing!

I just also modified the log files - after rebooting again. Deactivated sys
restore, thanks for that hint.

About 400 Gigs to defrag now, will take some hours...

Which mode do you use with mst ? Smart/M ?

Cheers,
U.
Yes, the "Monitor" mode works just fine. I allow it to defragment the system files at boot-up.

The only thing I found to watch out for is if you use USB disks plugged in and removed from time to time, then you may want to exclude that drive letter. Otherwise, when you "Safely remove" the disk, you find it locked by mstDefrag.