Re: not yet perfect, but...

Ian Deans

David,

I mentioned in a mail a few weeks ago that a completely new mstdefrag version is to be released sometime in the future. However it is not yet available and the download version is still 3.6 which should work fine with the 2.4.4 client, but not of course (with the not to be released) 2.5.17 client.

From: David J Taylor
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 11:49 AM
To: MSG-1@...
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] not yet perfect, but...

I would recommend having a real-time defragmenter running - with the
TelliCast 2.4.4 client software we have found mstDefrag to be very
acceptable, and have almost zero effect on received data (i.e. we could
not attribute any extra losses to running the defragmenter). I've used
version 2 and 3, but I see they are up to version 7 now. How did they
manage that?

http://www.mstsoftware.com/mst-Defrag