Re: s o l v e d ! write permission for rateup.exe - was: Getting MRTG to work

David J Taylor

David,
exactly my thoughts. I guess that that's to be understood as a macro
standing for something like

{
rename <existing> <sorted_out>
rename <new.tmp> <existing>
delete <sorted_out>
}

plus some if_error-workarounds...
Well, what ever, it is (to me) at such a low level of code that I would not expect it to be changed. Oh, well, it's fixed now. And from your previous comment, it's possible that the problem only shows under Win32, and that the same code runs OK under Win-64.

It ran overnight here now in the daemonized version (of course I had yet to
try that last night), and the results look pretty much like the ones on your
collection page.

I am still not sure about the scaling of the dvb-traffic graph. It either looked
like a fine scottish golf green or like a corn field on dope. I scaled it to 48
Mbits/s now which seems to catch peaks and still shows enough detail. I
understand that all these values are average counts, so, the single fast burst
won't appear, right?

I'll be back with more questions, hopefully not about external bugs...

Cheers,
U.
I let the traffic graphs auto-scale. The values on the day graph are totals over a 5-minute period, so they are really bytes from T to T+5, but displayed as bytes per second, i.e. bytes / 300 for the five-minute updates in the Day graph.

There is an option to show peak values, but I've not played with it. As MRTG only wakes up every five minutes to read the counters, I don't think that peaks could be shown within that period.

In case I didn't mention it, there is a difference between the DVB World USB box which records all the data on selected PIDs, and the SkyStar PCI card which only records data from channels enabled in recv-channels.ini.